This training will help educate Oregon Sexual Assault Examiners on considerations surrounding patient privacy after a sexual assault, with particular emphasis on rural issues. At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
1. List four categories of patients whose injuries or abuse are subject to Oregon’s mandatory reporting laws.
2. Identify four privacy concerns specific to rural sexual assault survivors.
3. List four tips to enhance rural patients’ privacy after a sexual assault.
4. Identify Oregon’s advocate privilege and confidentiality laws.
5. Explain informed consent.
2 CEUs will be provided upon completion.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2015-WR-AX-0007 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.Register