Webinar Announcement: Project UNICA, a program of Catholic Charities Oregon, has used its Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) funding to develop PAS (Prevención de la Agresión Sexual, “Sexual Violence Prevention” in Spanish), a bilingual, culturally specific primary prevention curriculum inspired by the principles of popular education, designed to work with Latin@ youth in classroom and group settings.
On June 6, from 11:00am-12:30pm (Pacific Time), the Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force will present a webinar by UNICA’s Ro Prideaux. Using PAS as a framework, this webinar will discuss the development and role of bicultural/bilingual programming, and explore the concept of popular education, as well as the development of partnerships between mainstream and culturally specific organizations.
This webinar is intended for mainstream programs and communities who are interested in acting as allies to culturally specific programs for whom PAS has been developed. (A bilingual webinar for programs interested in teaching PAS is planned for later this summer.)
This is a one hour webinar discussing Alternative Light Sources, the basics of how they work and the evolution of light sources in the SANE world. 1CEU offered
Date: Friday, June 21, 2013
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
For more information, contact:
Robin Olafson, RN, BSN, OR-SANE-A (click here to email Robin)
3625 River Rd N, Suite 275
Keizer, OR 97303
UPDATE 2012-04-29: Website updates and renovations are complete; have a look around!
The changes you’ll most likely notice are that our subpage URLs have been simplified (so you may need to update your bookmarks/favorites) and the drop-down navigation menus have been reorganized. Otherwise, the differences aren’t obvious or drastic. The goal of this project was to make our website more intuitive to navigate and find the info you need.
ORIGINAL POST: We’re in the midst of re-organizing and re-vamping our website. If you run into dead links or other problems, we deeply appreciate your patience. Everything should be running more smoothly by Monday, April 29th.
- Updates from the SATF Prevention and Education Subcommittee
- Two Spirit & LGBT Justice in Indian Country Toolkit
- University of Oregon film student’s nationally-recognized anti-rape PSA
- Upcoming trainings and more!!
SATF is seeking candidates to fill the full-time position of Executive Director. Please see the position announcement (linked below) for more information.
Contact: Rob Moody, SATF Board Chair
ED Position Announcement [PDF]
Click here to view an up-to-date list of sexual assault advocacy services.
Registration is Open!
Oregon SANE Training
February 25th-March 1st, 2013
Oregon State Police Forensic Lab
13309 SE 84th Ave, Clackamas, OR 97015
The Sexual Assault Training Institute (SATI) of the Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force will be conducting Oregon’s 40-hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Training on adult and adolescent sexual assault medical response.
The 40-hour didactic training meets:
- Oregon SANE Certification training requirements; and
- IAFN SANE certification training requirements.
Eligible participants will:
- Have current RN, NP, PA, MD, or DO license
- Have 2 years of nursing or clinical experience
- Be actively participating as an RN, NP, PA MD, or DO
- Have support from their medical center to attend
Cost: $300 In-State $500 Out of State (includes a light breakfast and 40 hours of training)
Registration closes Friday January 25th, 2013.
SATF hosts SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) training classes at various times throughout the year, and at locations throughout the state. If you are interested in SANE training, please contact Training Coordinator Jenna Harper at 503.990.6541, or via email here.
- Upcoming CALCASA web conference: Promoting healthy masculinity: A strategy to prevent sexual and domestic violence
- Men Can Stop Rape’s Healthy Masculinity Action Project Summit
- Carlos Andres Gomez discusses his new book, Man Up: Cracking the Code of Modern Manhood
- Publicity and action ideas from the Say NO – UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign
- Join the SATF Men’s Engagement Subcommittee!
Check it out here: Engaging Men Digest – December 2012